Progress on the W/NG is slowing down as I near completion, so much so that I need to write it down to get a handle on where I am...
- Engine - running, but no other work done
- Ignition - Magneto working; HT system overhauled
- Fuel - Carburetter float bowl replaced & fuel lines made
- Exhaust - exhaust clamp remade but needs replacing with a bigger one
- Charging - dynamo rebuilt; battery replaced; regulator not working
- Electrics & instruments - made a new wiring harness; replaced the missing speedo and made the brackets. The horn doesn't work - it clicks, so the switch & supply is OK - it needs cleaning & adjusting.
- Cycle parts - relined both brakes; brake pedal stop is missing & I need to make a new one; lower chain guard is missing; I have a plunger chain guard but need to modify the brackets for a rigid frame
- Tool boxes - both tool boxes knobs replaced but the female threads in the box need repair as both have been drilled for M8.
- Lubrication - sludge trap needs cleaning
I'm sure there is more, but for now that will sum it up. there are a few jobs (chainguard, brake pedal stop, tool boxes) that need welding. More of that, and my new TIG welder, in the next post.
|Missing pedal stop|