Since the last time I wrote about the W/NG, we have been locked down again and are only now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We've had snow, freezing winds, and Christmas, if only for a day or two. It's had very few outings since the COVID crisis is a very bad time to be needing the services of A&E in a hurry should the worst happen so I have been painting (a house), making an airbox for the QR50 and turning parts for the Model A.
However, painting a city centre house means you need to get there and park, which is much easier on a bike so I have used it a couple of times. You might recall I put an old Lodge HN in it, to see how a traditional plug would behave - well, it failed after 200 yards and a new W8AC went in. This was fine for the rest of the commute, testing the new main jet, but the high speed thrash along the main road had us arrive back coughing, spluttering and sooting up.
Back to square one. I decided to replace the float needle, which was an old one: