- The block, old head, and cases have been degreased
- The old head has been bead blasted ready for sale
- The timing side mains are in. Bernard is going to grind the journals 5 thou under since they are slightly oval and tapered - and since he is doing that, which will contaminate the old roller mains, he will fit the new ones.
- He is dealing with the worn camshaft journal
- There are two options with the broken fin on the block - one is to make a replacement fin and tack it in at each end; the other is to build it up from the root with weld. He is getting a quote on the second option.
- Unfortunately, during stripping one of the tappet blocks proved to be stuck. Three of them fell out, the fourth fought to the end:
Wednesday, 13 February 2013
I have news on the engine! I spoke to Bernard at Ashpole's today, and we have a progress report: