The build so far has shed light on a few issues, so I'm going to make a list of what I have to do next:
- finish the valve timing. I need to get the DTI on the engine again to ascertain where the cams are going me peak lift - I currently believe this is about 15 degrees early, so I need to measure that precisely and adjust it
- when that is done, the Morgo oil pump can go on
- I have no hose clips on the oil lines - I need to take the oil tank out to fit them, and I need to fit the rocker oil line
- whilst the oil tank is out I will fill the gearbox. I also want to make sure the sleeve gear is properly greased, so I will remove the clutch and mainshaft to do that, and I can finish off the primary case (sealing) and shock absorber (split pin) followed by the chain and chain guard.
- Then I will fit the oil tank and prime the oil system, and fit the sump plate
- Connect up the HT cables (so i know which distributor connection is #1) and time the ignition
- Sort out the carburettor throttle return spring and fit the throttle cable properly
- flash the dynamo to change to negative earth
- finish the earth cables in the headlamp
- commission the electrical system
- fit the fuel tank and fuel lines
- turn the engine on the power drill
And then the moment of truth will be upon us...