Wednesday, 6 March 2013
Hack & Slash
Spurred on by idleness, I have done a drastic thing to my original mudguard at the rear - I have sliced it almost in twain with a hacksaw.
The issue is that to get the L-stays into their studs at the top of the spring housings, I had to put a lot of pressure on the mudguard.
The reason is that I have, whilst reinforcing the mudguard, inadvertently straightened it out too much.
First I made one saw cut in each side, than I flexed the guard so that the L stays fitted into their lugs.
I found that my saw cuts had closed up completely. I then made a second cut, which partially closed up. Now I had no tension in the guard and I had a gap in which to re-weld.
Now all I have to do is weld it up again.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a comment
Post Comments (Atom)