Monday 29 August 2016

Rear End Styling

To me, it always seems a bit of a shame when someone fits a non-period part to a bike that affects the style of it, but sometimes its unavoidable and its only a matter of taste anyway.

One of the things that really appealed to me about this W/NG is that its a unique bike in that it has I think a very Italian flavour to it, despite being a more of less stock W/NG:




Of course, bringing it from Italy it needs to have a UK number plate adding at some point, and the existing Italian style rear light is in poor shape, as is the number plate:


Having looked at a few Guzzi Falcone rear lights, this definitely looks period Italian


I'm inclined to restore this cheapo aftermarket rear light and keep the rear end as-is, but I could fit a period civilian Ariel number plate with an MT110 or similar. The number plate looks very old, so it would be ashame to change it - though obviously the Italian number plate has to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment