Monday 3 May 2021

QR50 - first start

Son Thomas came up to North Norfolk on his RE Interceptor for a play with the Ariel Huntmaster kit. After a spin along the coast (during which he managed to find  pre-installed fault on the W/NG's throttle cable nipple - we came back on the choke cable and a hand throttle) we repaired to the workshop to take a look at the QR50, which is almost finished.

I'd assured myself that the electrical system worked:


I used the big power drill to spin the generator and to prove the sense of the kill switch and the rear brake switch, and to prove the CDI unit worked. As I suspected, the kill switch and brake switch wires are both earthed to kill the engine - though the position of the brake switch doesn't seem to affect the spark. And how do I know this? Because it works!



No comments:

Post a Comment