Friday 7 January 2022

FH Dry Build - that sidestand again

With the exhaust in place, I can look again at the sidestand and see where the 'foot finder' pedal needs to be, before I weld it on. I start with the sidestand fitted and the pedal held in place with a tool makers clamp, so I had some idea of where to weld it such that it wouldn't hit the exhaust.

I had the TIG set to 45 A to weld it all around. It's quite a big weld for my set up, but as long as I didn't drag the arc out it was fine - of course, with a fillet, drawing the arc out is what I always do to keep the tungsten out of the weld pool!

I tweaked the pedal a bit once the weld was done to get it in the right place...

I haven't used the stand yet, but it looks like the pedal will clear the ground:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment