Monday 9 May 2022

FH Dry Build - Carburetter

 Some while back, actually in this post, I outlined the trial fit of the carburetter and the fact that the shiny new bell mouth didn't fit very well - as you see here:

Having checked the threads for damage I concluded that the undercut on the carburetter body wasn't deep enough, and/or that the last thread was not cut fully to depth since the new bell mouth did not want to screw fully on. 

I noticed that the horrible plastic one had a short length where the thread was relieved, and not wishing to set the carburetter up on a face plate and recut both the thread and the undercut, I put the bell mouth in the three jaw chuck very lightly to avoid distorting it:


I relieved the thread with some very light cuts for a few millimetres - the bell mouth fits perfectly now:

No comments:

Post a Comment