Sunday 7 August 2022

W/NG - a bit of routine maintenance

I spent a bit of the afternoon doing some routine maintenance on the W/NG, using the excellent on board tool kit:

I was surprised to find the tappets had a bit of movement in them, though it was tea time before I could attend to them.

The clutch was a bit oily, but only in the cover, reflecting the fact that the chaincase was over-full. The pressure plate lifts level though, and the new plates have settled into the basket nicely. There is about an inch of oil in the chain case

All the chains tensions are good, including the magneto chain: 


I put a cup full of oil, and many pumps of the grease gun in the gearbox. The lead light is very useful:


Oh, and I fixed the horn by squashing the adjuster lock nut slightly. It has an odd thread, 0.209" x 36 tpi which I found by luck on eBay - it's a bicycle tyre valve core thread!

No comments:

Post a Comment