Monday 13 May 2024

FH - fitting stuff and testing the dynamo

 A few minutes in the workshop yesterday allowed a bit more progress on the Huntmaster. The headlamp is now fitted, with the grommet at the top. This seems to be the only way I can fit it and still allow access to the rim clamp:


Next, the tank badges. All this needed was to clear the paint out of the threads with a 3BA tap and fit the badges with some short countersunk stainless screws from stock:


Finally, I've refitted the toolbox knob using a plain washer on the outside, Thackeray washer on the inside, another plain washer and two nuts - curiously the knob appears to have a BSF thread?


Last thing for today, and this is a bit lazy, is to look at the dynamo. I've cleaned it, motored it and fitted it - it motors ok and in the right direction so it is working and polarised correctly:


It's smooth and quiet, so maybe I won't overhaul it just yet. The cork washer is missing though, so I will need to make one:


One thing I forgot - I've fitted the oil line unions to the engine, with new washers from the gasket set. The bottom one is the feed, the top is the return:



No comments:

Post a Comment