Thursday, 29 October 2020

W/NG - last bits before she goes back on the road

I mentioned in the last post that there were a couple of things I wanted to sort out before the W/NG goes back on the road. When I refitted the clutch cable I found it was mysteriously too long - strange in that apart from replacing the missing thrust bearing everything is the same as when it came apart. Investigating, I found the clutch adjuster was missing, having been replaced by this homemade one:


AOMCC member Lee Mallabone saved the day and sent me this one, with it's adjustment bolt and ball, which incidentally is peened in place:


That was an easy fix. I took the opportunity to lubricate the cables, and the ones on the SQ4, with WD40 and my favourite cable oiler:



No comments:

Post a comment